6 lessons once per week $120
- Minimum Age: 10 months
- Going to "place" and staying when doorbell rings
- Down from motion - dog lays down on first command regardless of his current activity: adventuring on the trails, chasing something etc.
- Stay at extended distances (300 + ft.)
- Staying alone: learn to be confident/content if told to stay and you disappear.
- Recalls from and past distractions in busy environments
- Boundary training - teach your dog not to pass a boundary: handy for camping or yards with no fence.
- Heel/Finish position - teach your dog to flip to your left side on command.
- Theory and Training Manual
Practical Obedience is just that: obedience that you will use in everyday life. Imagine your dog going straight to his "place" and laying down patiently when the doorbell rings, or staying in your campsite off leash because you have set a boundary for him not to cross? If you have completed Obedience Foundations at Hound's Hangout, you are ready for Practical Obedience. We review what you have learned in Obedience Foundations and strengthen those skills while adding several new skills like Down from Motion and the Heel/Finish Position and more! You will LOVE how attentive and obedient your dog becomes from Practical Obedience!